Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I got from my California cuisine cookbook. We have had this often in the spring & summer months. It is oh so good! The cook time is for the hard boiled egg and bacon slices.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-boiled egg (chopped)
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Place shredded lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Arrange chicken, tomatoes, avacado, bacon and egg over lettuce.
- Spoon chilled dressing over salad just before serving.
Great salad! The dressing is tangy and creamy - a great combination. Light, but filling enough for a meal - this ones a keeper.
Fabulous! Another winner, Cher! The only thing I did differently was to use peppered bacon. This is definately a keeper!
Great stuff! The bacon, avocado and blue cheese go together so well. I even liked the dressing despite the fact that I'm not into French dressing. DH used a raspberry vinegrette that I had on his. I'll be making this one often during the hot summer months.