Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request. Original recipe by J. Harry MacArthur. Easily doubled or tripled.
Top Review by karen in tbay
We used 1 lb peeled & deveined raw shrimp and 1 lb large scallops. Did not do steps 1,2,15,17,18. Instead of making the shrimp stock we just combined 1/2 cup each chicken broth and white wine and reduced to 1/2 cup. Served over egg noodles. OUTSTANDING - 20 STARS!
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄4 lb scallops, rinced and drained
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup cognac
- chopped chives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse, shell and devein shrimp.
- Save shells.
- Set aside shrimp.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden and center's are no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cut scallops into 1/2 inch chunks if large.
- Add scallops and shrimp to pan and cook until shrimp turn pink, around 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add shrimp stock, cream, and booze to the pan and boil on high heat stirring often until reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Chop cooked chicken and add to pan along with the shrimp and scallops.
- Coat meat with sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice or pasta.
- Shrimp stock: In a 2-3 quart pan combine shrimp shells, 1 cup dry white wine and 1 cup chicken stock.
- Boil uncovered until reduced to 1 cup.
- Pour through a fine strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Discard shells, reduce stock to 1/2 cup.