Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is a great tasting sandwich. it's great for lunch or dinner and is sure to be a hit at your house.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trim all the fat or you can use chicken tenders (about two per sandwich)
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices gouda cheese
- 3 ripe avocados (, sliced thin)
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- fresh ground pepper
- in a large skillet put the balsamic vinegar and garlic along with the chicken breasts.
- add fresh ground pepper (i use about one tbs) on medium heat cook the ckicken until it is done.
- butter just one side of each slice of bread.
- assemble (butter on the outside) sandwiches with cheeses on each slice of bread then on one slice put the avacado (enough to cover surface of sandwich) tomato and chicken.
- in a heated skillet add sandwich and toast each side for about three minutes or until golden brown.
- slice in half and serve.
- you can also spread honey mustard or mayo on sandwhich before toasting.
This was a big hit one night with the hubby. I did use mayo on it. Sharron cant chef in the house
So very good, like something you would get eating out!
OUTSTANDING! I used extra balsamic and garlic because I love them.