Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from an issue of Cooking Light, vintage 1990's. Add 3 guests, a fruit salad, bottle of Chardonnay and setttle in for a long lunch.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices loaf sourdough bread, thick slices (diagonally cut and toasted)
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, each cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 peeled avocado, cut into 8 wedges
- To prepare citrus mayonnaise, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare the sandwiches, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken. Coat skillet with cooking spray if desired.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 5 more minutes until done. No pink is showing.
- Remove chicken from skillet and cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of citrus mayonnaise on each of 4 bread slices.
- Top with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 chicken breast half (sliced), 2 tomato slices, 2 avocado wedges and remaining bread slices.
- Add additional citrus mayonnaise to top bread slice if desired.