Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light chicken salad that is great to serve a brunch or wedding shower. Red grapes and caraway seed add a different spin to a classic recipe, and serving them in romaine leaves makes the fun and prettier than a traditional chicken salad
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce, boat leaves (in the ready made salad section, you may substitute with belgian endive for smaller portions)
- Cook the chicken breast and put in a food processor with the onion celery and mayo.
- Put mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the other ingredients.
- Clean and trim the lettuce to uniform size resembling small tacos.
- Fill the lettuce with a quarter cup of the chicken salad.