1/2 Photos of California Chicken Burritos
I was sent this recipe and can't wait to try it. We love chicken and we're always searching for a new way to prepare. I am posting so I won't lose or forget it. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped romaine lettuce, and sour cream. If you don't have cooked rice on hand, you can use Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. Cans of chipotles en adobo are available in the Mexican food section of most supermarkets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa, drained and juices reserved
- 1 small chipotle chile, minced (from 1 can of chipotles en adobo)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- table salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice (see note above)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just beginning to smoke. Add black beans, water, reserved salsa juices, chile, and adobo sauce and cook until liquid has evaporated and beans are soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Using potato masher, mash beans lightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place rice in medium microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, poke holes in plastic, and microwave on high power until hot, about 90 seconds. Stir in salsa, chicken, and 1 1/2 cups cheddar.
- 4Spread one-quarter of black bean mixture down center of each tortilla, leaving 2-inch border at ends. Mound rice mixture on beans and fold tortillas to form burritos. Transfer to baking sheet, sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar, and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Californian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Chicken Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.5
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 135.1 mg
- Sodium 1405.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 51.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: