Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have had this for so long, I forget where the recipe came from. It is fast, easy, & tasty. Great for a work night.
- 2 chicken breasts, split (1 3/4 to 2 lb)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 slices thin tomatoes
- Arrange chicken in square baking dish, sprinkle with lemon juice, onion flakes, basil and pepper.
- Cook on high in microwave, covered with waxed paper, for 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 minutes or till tender.
- Top chicken with 1/2 of cheese, avocado, tomato, and remaining cheese.
- Cook on high 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Perfectly delicious! I've prepared this twice now. The first time, I followed the recipe exactly and we loved the flavor and I loved the fast cook time. The second time, I didn't have fresh tomatoes, so substituted chopped sun dried tomatoes. Another winner! Served this with Steamin' Vegetable Medley and rice. Thanks for a super flavorful and fast recipe.
YUM! I loved this recipe! I had a meal like this at a restaurant in Austin, but was afraid to try to copy it. This was so close to the meal I loved and so easy to make. It was even better with garden-fresh tomatoes. Thanks!
This is YUMMY!!!! Very easy to make too. I used chicken thighs instead of breasts. I generally do not microwave chicken because it sometimes dries it out but these came out nice and moist. The flavors blended very well. I wasn't sure how the avocado and tomato slices would be after they were microwaved but they were good. They were not mushy like I thought they would be. Since chicken thighs are smaller than breasts, I only used one slice of tomato on each thigh. Plus my tomato was more of a medium sized. I will definitely be making this recipe again. Thanks for a great recipe Judy!!! It is a winner and a keeper!