Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
No more ho-hum chicken. This recipe is light and healthy. Using canned jalapeno instead of fresh will give it a bigger "kick". I serve with rice and a salad for an easy, light meal.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large lemon
- 3 jalapeno peppers (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 scallions, including green tops,finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Cut chicken into 1/2" strips Peel yellow layer off rind of lemon and chop finely Roll lemon w/ palm of hand and cut in half crosswise Remove pulp and seeds from jalapeno peppers and chop finely Place chicken, lemond rind, juice from lemon, jalapeno peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper and scallions in a bowl Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat Increase heat to medium high and add marinated chicken When chicken is done (about 5 minutes), remove to a warm platter Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet Add almonds to melted butter and saute until golden brown Add white wine to loosen the particles on bottom of pan, heat throughly Pour wine sauce over chicken and garnish with avocado.
We really enjoyed this! The lemon peel adds a great flavor and really brightens up the dish. Next time I might try using olive oil instead of butter to try to work some "good fat" in. This is a nice change from the usual weekday chicken dishes, and I will be making it again. Made for PAC Fall '08
This was a fantastic dinner recipe. I had extra chicken so I did double the recipe, except I think I didn't double the butter which I should have done because it didn't have as much sauce as I think it was supposed to have. My husband thought it was really good but recommended that next time I should add a little garlic. I kept everything as listed but I did add 1/2 cup cilantro (1/4 cup for regular recipe size). This recipe is definitely a keeper!!