Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is similar to a sandwich made at my moms old restaurant. It is good as a sandwich or on its own with a salad and crusty bread...
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, cut into 10 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm oil in skillet and add chicken and onion.
- Cook 15 minutes or until chicken is browned and just about done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet and top each breast with 1 to 2 slices of tomato and 2 to 3 slices of cheese.
- Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, add 2 to 3 slices of avocado on top of each breast, and serve immediately.
Totally wonderful in everyway! I followed this pretty much the way it was listed, except for these little changes, I used larger grape tomatoes ~ as I didn't have larger ones, and also, after browning the chicken, I just put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes, added cheese, and tomatoes, baked for 5 more minutes, and topped with cheese for another 1 minute. Came out perfectly! Served atop a nice bed of fresh greens, and this was delish! Thanks so much! Will make lots!
WOW, this is the best tasting chicken dish I have had in a long time! I didn't use the roll, just served the "chicken stack" with a carrot salad and some steamed broccoli. This is very easy and totally scrumptious.
I tweaked it a teeny bit, but only by cooking the chicken completely,loading up my roll with everything,including the avocado, wrapping it in foil, and baking it in the oven for about 15 minutes.