Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is similar to a sandwich made at my moms old restaurant. It is good as a sandwich or on its own with a salad and crusty bread...
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, cut into 10 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm oil in skillet and add chicken and onion.
- Cook 15 minutes or until chicken is browned and just about done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet and top each breast with 1 to 2 slices of tomato and 2 to 3 slices of cheese.
- Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, add 2 to 3 slices of avocado on top of each breast, and serve immediately.
Totally wonderful in everyway! I followed this pretty much the way it was listed, except for these little changes, I used larger grape tomatoes ~ as I didn't have larger ones, and also, after browning the chicken, I just put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes, added cheese, and tomatoes, baked for 5 more minutes, and topped with cheese for another 1 minute. Came out perfectly! Served atop a nice bed of fresh greens, and this was delish! Thanks so much! Will make lots!
Excellent chichen dish. I actually made as written except used Provolone cheese. Loved the combination in this recipe. I'll be making this one again and again. Thanks for sharing.
WOW, this is the best tasting chicken dish I have had in a long time! I didn't use the roll, just served the "chicken stack" with a carrot salad and some steamed broccoli. This is very easy and totally scrumptious.