Recipe by *Parsley*
It really does taste like a Ca. Cheeseburger! You can skip baking and just serve it staight from the skillet if your short on time. My kids really love it.
Top Review by LonghornMama
We enjoyed this casserole! Something a little different that does taste like cheeseburgers. A half recipe was plenty for my family of five. Used a drained can of diced tomatoes, American cheese, and baked as directed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb rotini pasta (or similar shaped pasta)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cups diced tomatoes (about 5-6 small tomatoes)
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons mustard
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED (or shredded American cheese, divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according ton package directions; drain. Do NOT rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion. Drain fat.
- Return beef and onion mixture to hot skillet. Over low-med heat, stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, milk, mayo, ketchup, relish, mustard, pepper, salt, garlic powder, oregano and 2 1/2 cups cheese. Stir and cook until cheese is melted. Add hot cooked pasta and gently mix together.
- At this point either:.
- a) sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; heat through and serve. OR.
- b) Pour into a 13" x 9" or larger baking dish, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese ans bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.