Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sliced American cheese
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups fine egg noodles, crushed
- 1 (1 lb) can tomato with juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and mixture is crumbly.
- Turn the browned meat into a 2-quart shallow baking dish, and top with slices of cheese.
- Add, in layers, the chopped celery, chopped onion, sliced ripe olives and crushed noodles.
- Cut the canned tomatoes into small chunks and arrange them over the noodle layer.
- Pour the tomato juice over all.
- Cover the baking dish, or seal it tightly with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.