Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My friend Cathy brought this to a get together and it tastes so good. Something different from the usual fare we have. Everyone enjoyed it, and I bummed the recipe to share with you all.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup creamy cottage cheese
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, drained
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped parsley
- Saute onion in butter, remove from heat.
- Stir in rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, Bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Spray or lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Layer half the rice mixture, half the chillies and sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Repeat layer.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
I LOVE this recipe. I have discovered that it is a very versatile casserole. I have added chicken, hamburger or ground turkey, and ham to it different times and it always tastes great. i also wanted to let you know that it adds so much more flavor if you add the green chilies, undrained to it when you cook the rice. It is great if you don't but it adds sooo much flavor in my humble opinion. Thanks for posting this one.