Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this in an old Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese cookbook and made a few changes to update it a bit and to suit my family. We loved the results!
Top Review by Rita~
I whipped the cream cheese first then added the avocado mixed in the rest of the ingredients. I liked it on the burger but found the burger took over the dip. But I enjoyed it so much more as a dip with veggies and tortilla chips. This would make a great spread for inside a wrap. The burger is a 4 star as a dip 5 stars. Thanks for a versatile recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives or 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 slices bacon, cook and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine softened cream cheese, avocado, chives or onion, lemon juice and salt; mixing until well blended; add tomato, mix lightly.
- Shape ground beef into six oval patties; broil (or grill) on both sides to desired doneness; season with salt and pepper.
- For each sandwich, cover one bread slice with lettuce, then the beef patty, the cream sauce and then sprinkle on the bacon.