These are good for breakfast or brunch or a good snack! No meat in this, but feel free to add some if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese (or try pepper jack!)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/4 cup green chili salsa (or red)
- 1Heat oven to 325*F.
- 2Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, chiles, tomato, salt and pepper; saute 4 minutes.
- 4Push mixture to side of pan.
- 5Sprinkle cheese over top of vegetable mixture.
- 6Add eggs and cayenne to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with spatula, until soft, creamy curds form.
- 7Stir vegetable mixture into eggs.
- 8Divide mixture among warm tortillas.
- 9Sprinkle with cilantro(or parsley),a tablespoon of salsa, and 2 tbls. cheese.
- 10Roll up tortillas. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 434.1 mg
- Sodium 789.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 18.9 g