Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know there are other recipes out there for BBQ chicken pizza, but none like this! I just love this one!!!
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced in thin strips
- 1⁄2-1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 recipe pizza dough (I use recipe #126504) or 1 Boboli pizza crust, crust (I use Nonfat Pizza Dough (Bread Machine))
- Sauté chicken with garlic and onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and continue to cook until chicken is done. Cool slightly.
- Prepare dough, if using.
- Brush dough with additional BBQ sauce.
- Cover with about 4 ounces of cheese.
- Top with chicken, pineapple, cilantro and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 500º for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- (If using Boboli crust, follow package directions).
Delicious! My husband and I love Hawaiian pizza (pineapple and ham) so I knew we wouldn't mind the pineapple on this. The flavors all go really well together. I used chicken tenderloins cut in very small pieces. I cut back on the onion since hubby doesn't like them (I would have liked more :). I didn't have enough bbq sauce on hand so I mixed what I did have with mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, and a little of the pineapple juice and it turned out great! Wasn't a huge fan of the cilantro, but it did add a little extra flavor. I didn't add a half cup though. Would make this again!
This was terrific...another recipe to add to the Friday Night is Pizza Night cookbook. I love cilantro and found the 1/2 cup a wonderful and tasty addition. Used a "store bought" prepared crust which made the preparation simple and the pizza was cooked and served in no time. An excellent recipe...thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
This was AMAZING. The addition of cilantro was yummy...probably used more than a 1/2 cup. Did change the pineapple for green pepper to reduce the calorie and sugar content just a bit (i get to eat more this way). Thank-you for an easy, healthy and so, incredibly delicious reicpe!! We are already planning different combos with the basic recipe - leftover pork, shrimp, etc!!