Recipe by Charmie777
I know there are other recipes out there for BBQ chicken pizza, but none like this! I just love this one!!!
Top Review by AustinsAm
Delicious! My husband and I love Hawaiian pizza (pineapple and ham) so I knew we wouldn't mind the pineapple on this. The flavors all go really well together. I used chicken tenderloins cut in very small pieces. I cut back on the onion since hubby doesn't like them (I would have liked more :). I didn't have enough bbq sauce on hand so I mixed what I did have with mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, and a little of the pineapple juice and it turned out great! Wasn't a huge fan of the cilantro, but it did add a little extra flavor. I didn't add a half cup though. Would make this again!
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced in thin strips
- 1⁄2-1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 recipe pizza dough (I use recipe #126504) or 1 Boboli pizza crust, crust (I use Nonfat Pizza Dough (Bread Machine))
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté chicken with garlic and onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and continue to cook until chicken is done. Cool slightly.
- Prepare dough, if using.
- Brush dough with additional BBQ sauce.
- Cover with about 4 ounces of cheese.
- Top with chicken, pineapple, cilantro and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 500º for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- (If using Boboli crust, follow package directions).