Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 fresh avocados, seeded and peeled
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 0.19 ml hot pepper sauce
- tortilla chips
- Using a fork, coarsely mash avocado with lemon juice and garlic.
- Stir in remaining ingredients to blend.
- Garnish as desired and serve with tortilla chips.
Good basic guacamole. I like the addition of cumin and hot sauce....be heavy handed if you want to know it is there. I think it needs a bit of salt, also.
What a great recipe--my DH and I both absolutely adored it!! It's even better than the guacamole recipe I've been using for the past several years--and that recipe is one of the highest rated, most reviewed, guacamole recipes on allrecipes.com! I made this exactly as written, but had to scale it back to two servings because we only had one ripe avocado; but when the four avocados on the kitchen counter ripen up, I'm making more!! Thanks so much for posting this, Chef#578790--it will be enjoyed often!!!
Excellent, this is how i make it all the time! Wouldn't change a thing.