Recipe by BecR
Avocado, crisp bacon, and eggs on a toasted English muffin, drizzled with my Easy Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce. This is a great breakfast for a lazy Sunday morning. Enjoy! P.S. I've cheated and used over-easy eggs, but you can poach them if you like. See my Easy Method for Poaching Eggs Easy Method for Poaching Eggs #477725.
- 2 English muffins (I use Thomas light)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 avocado
- 4 eggs
- snipped fresh cilantro, to garnish
Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely minced chipotle chile in adobo (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Split English muffins in half and toast until browned.
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop flesh into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and dash pepper, mash with a fork.
- Spread the avocado over the toasted English muffin halves and top with the bacon.
- Melt a teaspoon or two of butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Break two eggs into pan, and reduce heat to low. Cook eggs over easy (whites are done, and yolks are still runny). Repeat with remaining two eggs.
- Place eggs on top of the bacon, then drizzle each with about 1/4 cup of Chipotle Hollandaise. Sprinkle some snipped fresh cilantro over it all and serve at once.
- To Make the Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce:.
- Cut the butter into two pieces, place in a 2 cup glass measure or bowl, and microwave, covered with a paper towel, on high, until almost melted, 30-45 seconds. Remove butter from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Place the egg yolks in a small bowl and beat the yolks well with a whisk or fork, then add to the butter and stir well.
- Add cream and lemon juice to egg mixture and stir well. Microwave mixture, uncovered, on high, until just slightly thick, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stopping every 20 seconds to stir with a fork. Remove sauce from microwave and stir in mustard and minced chipotle in adobe.