Avocado, crisp bacon, and eggs on a toasted English muffin, drizzled with my Easy Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce. This is a great breakfast for a lazy Sunday morning. Enjoy! P.S. I've cheated and used over-easy eggs, but you can poach them if you like. See my Easy Method for Poaching Eggs Easy Method for Poaching Eggs #477725.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 English muffins (I use Thomas light)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 avocado
- 4 eggs
- snipped fresh cilantro, to garnish
Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce
- 1Split English muffins in half and toast until browned.
- 2Cook the bacon until crisp.
- 3Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop flesh into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and dash pepper, mash with a fork.
- 4Spread the avocado over the toasted English muffin halves and top with the bacon.
- 5Melt a teaspoon or two of butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Break two eggs into pan, and reduce heat to low. Cook eggs over easy (whites are done, and yolks are still runny). Repeat with remaining two eggs.
- 6Place eggs on top of the bacon, then drizzle each with about 1/4 cup of Chipotle Hollandaise. Sprinkle some snipped fresh cilantro over it all and serve at once.
- 7To Make the Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce:.
- 8Cut the butter into two pieces, place in a 2 cup glass measure or bowl, and microwave, covered with a paper towel, on high, until almost melted, 30-45 seconds. Remove butter from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- 9Place the egg yolks in a small bowl and beat the yolks well with a whisk or fork, then add to the butter and stir well.
- 10Add cream and lemon juice to egg mixture and stir well. Microwave mixture, uncovered, on high, until just slightly thick, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stopping every 20 seconds to stir with a fork. Remove sauce from microwave and stir in mustard and minced chipotle in adobe.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Avocado Eggs Benedict With Chipotle Hollandaise
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 325.3 mg
- Sodium 362.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo