Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy avocado and tart grapefruit come together in this delicious salad---a perfect combination of textures and tastes! This California salad makes a refreshing first course.
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mixed baby greens (packed)
- Using a small sharp knife, cut off peel and white pith from the grapefruit. Cut grapefruit crosswise into 4 slices.
- Whisk together the olive oil, juice, sugar, onion, and coriander in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens with 2 tablespoons dressing in medium bowl and divide between 2 plates.
- Arrange grapefruit slices and avocado alongside and spoon remaining dressing over.