Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 236.59 ml granny smith apples or 236.59 ml gala apples, diced, cored (or some combination of both to total)
- 59.14 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced, including tops
- 354.88 ml bibb lettuce, torn or 354.88 ml butter lettuce
- 354.88 ml fresh spinach, torn
- 6 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 59.14 ml feta, crumbled or 59.14 ml blue cheese
- 59.14 ml apple cider vinegar
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 0.25 ml pepper
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in bottle or jar. Shake well and refrigerate several hours to meld flavors.
- Just before serving, gently toss apples mushrooms and onions together in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, spinach, bacon and dressing; blend well.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.
fabulous recipe with a great flavor. instead of bacon, i sliced up a fair amount of ham, and added some goat cheese instead of feta to the mix. it was good enough to make two nights in a row.
This salad and salad dressing is top-notched. I prefer the granny smith apples and the blue cheese combo. I add left-over grilled chicken (the best is fajata chicken), boiled egg and avacado slices, and toasted pecans or walnuts, pile it high on a dinner plate to make this salad a full meal.
I made this delicious salad with baby arugula and added chopped walnuts. It was great and enjoyed by all!