Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup granny smith apples or 1 cup gala apples, diced, cored (or some combination of both to total)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced, including tops
- 1 1⁄2 cups bibb lettuce, torn or 1 1⁄2 cups butter lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup feta, crumbled or 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in bottle or jar. Shake well and refrigerate several hours to meld flavors.
- Just before serving, gently toss apples mushrooms and onions together in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, spinach, bacon and dressing; blend well.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.
fabulous recipe with a great flavor. instead of bacon, i sliced up a fair amount of ham, and added some goat cheese instead of feta to the mix. it was good enough to make two nights in a row.
This salad and salad dressing is top-notched. I prefer the granny smith apples and the blue cheese combo. I add left-over grilled chicken (the best is fajata chicken), boiled egg and avacado slices, and toasted pecans or walnuts, pile it high on a dinner plate to make this salad a full meal.
I made this delicious salad with baby arugula and added chopped walnuts. It was great and enjoyed by all!