1 hr 30 mins
Jo Ann L's Note:
A moist, delicious cake that gets raves everywhere I take it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples and sugar; mix well. (Actually I do this as I'm slicing them, so that the sugar keeps the apples from getting dark.)
- 2Stir in oil, nuts, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- 3Combine dry ingredients and add to apple mixture. Blend well to ensure that you won't have little pockets of flour in the finished cake.
- 4Spoon into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 5Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350° (325° if you use a pyrex pan). It's important not to overcook this cake, so check it at the lower baking time. The center should be just barely set and the edges still fairly soft.
- 6Cool in pan before cutting.
- 7Cut with a sharp knife so that you cut through the apples, rather than dragging half of a slice from an adjacent piece of cake.
- 8You'll probably need something like a pancake turner to get the slices out, especially the first few.
- 9This cake doesn't come out in nice, neat slices, but it tastes wonderful.
- 10It can be served either warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 492.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g