Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
A moist, delicious cake that gets raves everywhere I take it.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples, preferably granny smith or some other firm,not-too-sweet variety
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts, preferably walnuts
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples and sugar; mix well. (Actually I do this as I'm slicing them, so that the sugar keeps the apples from getting dark.)
- Stir in oil, nuts, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to apple mixture. Blend well to ensure that you won't have little pockets of flour in the finished cake.
- Spoon into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350° (325° if you use a pyrex pan). It's important not to overcook this cake, so check it at the lower baking time. The center should be just barely set and the edges still fairly soft.
- Cool in pan before cutting.
- Cut with a sharp knife so that you cut through the apples, rather than dragging half of a slice from an adjacent piece of cake.
- You'll probably need something like a pancake turner to get the slices out, especially the first few.
- This cake doesn't come out in nice, neat slices, but it tastes wonderful.
- It can be served either warm or cold.
My famly loved this cake,It was delicious Try it you'll like it. Very easy to fix