Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, about
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can anchovy
- 10 whole black olives, with pits
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- Prepare Pizza dough made in bread machine as per bread machine's instructions.
- Spread a little cornmeal on the pizza pan before placing the dough on it-- this helps crisp the dough nicely.
- Make sure your hands have olive oil on them when flattening the pizza dough for the pan.
- (I find that there is enough dough to make 2 pizzas.. just place foil on top of prepared pizza and freeze.) When ready to use defrost and bake.
- This pizza is'hot' and tasty-- have ready a cold beer beside you or a nice cold drink.
- Preheat Oven to 425F degrees Make a paste with the crushed garlic cloves and butter.
- With a pastry brush spread the garlic/butter on top of pizza dough.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Tear up the whole anchovies in pieces and place on the cheese.
- Add the black olives, and thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the dried herbs over the pizza.
- Mix the olive oil with the dried crushed pepper flakes and pour over the pizza dough.
- Bake in hot oven for about 15 minutes or until crust looks done and cheese has melted.
- Let cool a minute or two before slicing.
I love pizza and this was delicious. Anchovies and olives are a natural pair! Great recipe!
I hate to only rate this three stars, but it was way too salty! Pleeeeease DO NOT add the two teaspoons salt as called for in the recipe! I omitted the olive oil, only used one teaspoon salt, and used all the ingredients to top one pizza. I made recipe #85623 and made two crusts ~ used one for this caliente pizza and one for a pepperoni pizza. This is a great combination of flavors, and I will make it again, but without any added salt! :) Made for Undercover: Pies and Tarts, June 2010 in the Photo Forum.
The caliente pizza was very tasty, however i used artichokes and fresh sliced tomatoes for toppings instead of anchovies and olives.