Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOVE these potatoes, especially with the sausage. Very hearty & stick to your ribs good.
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green sweet pepper, diced
- 1 lb russet potato, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I like a cajun seasoned salt)
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- Add the bacon drippings or olive oil to a large skillet. Preheat over medium heat until the drippings or oil is just hot. Add the diced onion and diced green sweet pepper. Cook the onion and pepper until they're tender.
- Add the unpeeled, sliced russet potatoes, the sliced sweet potatoes and water to the vegetables in the skillet. If adding sausage, stir it in now. Sprinkle the mixture with the seasoning or seasoned salt.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning potatoes once or twice.
I've been known to go to SDC just to buy these potatoes. Get the potatoes and leave!
Wow, these are so good! Just like I remember from my childhood going to SDC.