Recipe by Clifford Boren
This is not only a great, filling, robust side dish, but can serve as the main entree when you want a light dinner. Say on a hot August night. Also makes a good quick lunch when you have some left over and no time to cook a real lunch.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or Equal)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (I like red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 bell pepper (I like the red ones)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cut green beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can yellow wax bean
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain all three cans of beans.
- Dump the beans into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped pepper and onion to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper.
- Pour over salad.
- Chill in refrigerator for a couple of hours.