This is the ultimate in bean salads. It has a tangy sauce and is not in the slightest boring. I like to serve this with any kind of BBQ.
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can yellow wax beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, cubes
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin circles
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- for variety you could also add chickpeas or black beans
- Drain canned vegetables.
- Combine vegetables, peppers and red onion.
- Add sauce and marinate overnight for best taste. Stir often.