1/1 Photo of Calico Potato Latkes With Applesauce
Chef PotPie's Note:
Submitted for ZWT '06. I made these several years ago for an Israeli dinner and everybody liked them. I hope you enjoy them, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and shred potatoes, placing in cold water as you work to prevent browning. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2In large bowl stir together all ingredients except applesauce.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- 4For each latke drop 1 rounded tablespoonful vegetable mixture into hot oil, spreading to about 2 1/2 inch circle.
- 5Fry 4-5 at a time for 2-3 minutes until edges are crisp, then turn and fry 2-3 minutes more until golden brown, adding oil as needed during frying.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Cover and keep warm till all are fried.
- 8Serve with applesauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calico Potato Latkes With Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 183.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g