Recipe by Derf
Quick, good taste and will go with anything!! from Readers' Digest
Top Review by Donna M.
Simply elegant, is the best way I can describe this recipe. I used a frozen pea/pearl onion combo which gave it a bit more formal appearance, and I roasted red peppers from my garden (previously frozen) then peeled and diced them. It was absolutely beautiful, and would especially make an attractive Christmas side dish with the red, green and white colors. Thanks, Dorothy -- this one is a real keeper!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained canned pimiento
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the peas and onion.
- LOwer the heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes or until peas and onion are tender crisp.
- Drain, stir the butter, pimiento, dill weed, salt and pepper into veggies, tossing until butter is melted.