Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Who would think to put Ro-Tel in a pasta salad? This is very flavorful and filling, and it's a healthier meal that's inexpensive (I think it came with some coupons in the mail). Yum!
- 1 cup whole wheat penne, uncooked
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel tomatoes (and green chilies)
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained (ranch style)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup light Italian dressing
- 1 orange (peeled and sliced)
- 1 avocado, peeled
- lettuce leaf, sliced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine pasta, undrained tomatoes, beans, corn, cheese, celery, and onions in medium bowl.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1hour before serving.
- Serve pasta salad with orange and avocado slices on lettuce leaves alongside.