Miss Annie's Note:
This recipe is a chunky type jam. I will enhance a variety of dishes, and makes a wonderful snack on top of cream cheese, served with crackers. From my Texas Home Cooking cookbook, by the Jamisons'. Prep time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Half Pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers or 2 cups red bell peppers or 2 cups yellow bell peppers (about 3 small to medium peppers, or a combination of colors)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh jalapeno (about 4-6 green or red)
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar, preferably unrefined
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages liquid pectin, such as certo
- 1Combine all the ingredients, except the pectin in a large saucepan or stockpot.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, and boil vigorously for 1 minute.
- 3Immediately stir in the the pectin.
- 4Bring mixture back to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- 5Spoon jam into prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 6Process in a water bath according to directions, usually 10 minutes.
- 7The jam may take several hours to set.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calico Jalapeno Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 188.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g