Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe is a chunky type jam. I will enhance a variety of dishes, and makes a wonderful snack on top of cream cheese, served with crackers. From my Texas Home Cooking cookbook, by the Jamisons'. Prep time is an estimate.
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers or 2 cups red bell peppers or 2 cups yellow bell peppers (about 3 small to medium peppers, or a combination of colors)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh jalapeno (about 4-6 green or red)
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar, preferably unrefined
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages liquid pectin, such as certo
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pectin in a large saucepan or stockpot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and boil vigorously for 1 minute.
- Immediately stir in the the pectin.
- Bring mixture back to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Spoon jam into prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Process in a water bath according to directions, usually 10 minutes.
- The jam may take several hours to set.