Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a chunky type jam. I will enhance a variety of dishes, and makes a wonderful snack on top of cream cheese, served with crackers. From my Texas Home Cooking cookbook, by the Jamisons'. Prep time is an estimate.
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers or 2 cups red bell peppers or 2 cups yellow bell peppers (about 3 small to medium peppers, or a combination of colors)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh jalapeno (about 4-6 green or red)
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar, preferably unrefined
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages liquid pectin, such as certo
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pectin in a large saucepan or stockpot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and boil vigorously for 1 minute.
- Immediately stir in the the pectin.
- Bring mixture back to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Spoon jam into prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Process in a water bath according to directions, usually 10 minutes.
- The jam may take several hours to set.
This is a wonderful recipie! Just like in a restraunt! Not very hard to make either- once everything is cut up, that's the biggest part of it.
This is so pretty and very delish!!! It's my favorite to give as gifts. The jam is also really good drizzled over ice cream!