Recipe by Philamom
My mother in law makes this and it is one of my favorites
Top Review by cristeenbc
Awesome, I had company over for dinner and they are picky eating. Knowing that they liked 'comfort old fashion foods' as he describes I made this. Everyone loved it. The only thing I changed was adding mont. cheese also.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb ham, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vegetables, drain.
- Mix flour, seasonings, and 2 cups of the milk.
- Heat remaining milk; add flour mixture and butter. Cook until thick.
- Add onion and cheese; heat until cheese melts.
- Add ham and vegetables.
- Mix crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.