Recipe by A Messy Cook
I love cool summer dishes with lots of contrast in flavor, color, and texture. This salsa recipe is from Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue, and I want to try it sometime soon!
Top Review by Beth James
This recipe is totally AWESOME!!!! I have been making it since I found it in Light n' Tasty a few years ago! Everyone loves it and is always requested for any summertime event we attend. I even make it sometimes for DH for lunch! Add a margarita and your done!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- baked corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn and peas in large bowl.
- In nonstick skillet, cook cumin and oregano in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes; pour over corn mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Stir in beans, tomato, and onion.
- Whisk lime juice, mustard, garlic, and salt together in small bowl; stir in cilantro.
- Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips and refrigerate any leftovers.