Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a a variation on coleslaw. It's a dressed up version
- 1 1⁄2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine chilled vegetables.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour dressing over vegetables.
This is great!! We piled this on top of hamburgers tonight and had a feast! This coleslaw isn't weighed down by the dressing. There's just the right amount to give it a creamy taste. The combination of red and green cabbage gave it a festive look. I added just a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little kick. Wonderful!! Thanks Elizabeth!!
Wonderful! Just what I was looking for. I used bagged coleslaw instead of cutting up my own and didnt use celery seeds as I couldnt find them in the store. Will make MANY times. Really easy and delicious!