Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A yummy recipe that is quick and easy to get on the table.
Top Review by Denise!
I can't believe I haven't rated this, we love this dish. I do use Smart Balance and fat free half & half, but that is the only changes I make. Great dish, love the smoky ham combined with the tomato and peppers.
- 8 ounces uncooked dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 lb thick sliced deli ham or 1⁄4 lb smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken strips. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes). Add green pepper and onion. Cover; continue cooking until vegetables are crisply tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add cooked pasta, whipping cream and ham. Cover; continue cooking until heated through (3 to 5 minutes). Stir in cheese, tomatoes, salt and pepper.