Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
Make and share this Calico Bell Pepper Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease or paper-line 12 (2-1/2") muffin cups.
- In small skillet, over medium high heat, cook peppers in butter until color is bright and peppers are tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, & basil.
- In small bowl, combine milk & eggs until blended.
- Add milk mixture & peppers & any liquid in skillet to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden & wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
This is the most wonderful recipe to have in your collection. This muffin is savory and delicious and goes great with soup. I eat them by themselves, with a nice amount of butter or the spray butter if you are trying to cut back. Yummy