Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This just came to me in a TOH email. I'm posting it here for safe keeping to try at a later date.
- 4 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 5 bacon, strips diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions and bacon until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.