Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish can be a meal in itself.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Brown hamburger, then bacon.
- Sautee onion briefly.
- Combine all ingredients in baking dish and bake, uncovered at 350F for 1 hour.
Made as directed but doubled the butter beans. Everyone loved these beans! Thanks for posting
My family absolutely loved this recipe. I didn't make changes except that I didn't have lima beans so I used white cannelini beans and I used packaged bacon bits. I also did this in the crockpot as we were going to be gone for a few hours. I put it on low and it was that way for about 3 hours. It was wonderful. I served it with ham and potato salad as a summer Sunday dinner. I know I will make it again and again.
We loved these beans! I used butter beans in place of the lima beans and homemade beans in place of the pork and beans, but other than that made as posted. Everyone here went back for seconds and thirds. This recipe is going into my favorites for future use!