Recipe by Cheekymonkey
Bean stew with ground beef and bacon. It's quick and simple to throw together and - good for either the crock pot or the oven.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
After an hour in the oven, the onions were still slightly crunchy, which some of us loved and some didn't care for; consider cooking them with the meat if softer onions are your preference. Of course, if cooked for hours in the crock pot, this would not be an issue. Calico or ranch style beans are a favorite in our house, and these were great! Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 2 (907.18 g) can butter beans, undrained
- 2 (907.18 g) can pork and beans, undained
- 2 (907.18 g) candark red kidney beans, undrained
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml mustard
- 9.85 ml white vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml diced onion (optional)
- 226.79 g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 453.59-907.18 g ground beef, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty cans of beans, undrained, into crock pot.
- Add ketchup, mustard, onions, ground beef, crumbled bacon, and salt.
- Stir together.
- Simmer in crockpot on low setting for 4-5 hours or until bubbly, or baked in oven at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- May be served with sour cream.