1/1 Photo of Calico Beans
I got this recipe from a co-worker about 10 years ago. She brought it for a pot luck and it smelled and tasted delicious. Everyone loved it so I got the recipe. Now My husband brings it every year to his Thanksgiving potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, I use dark red (drained)
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans, I use bush original recipe
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 dash onion powder (or salt)
- 1 dash garlic powder (or salt)
- 1Brown Ground beef with onion till it is cooked and no longer pink - Drain.
- 2Mix all ingredients together and cook in Crook pot/Slow cooker on high for 5 1/2 - 6 hours - stir every 1/2 hour.
- 3Or you can bake at 350 degrees in oven for 2-3 hours - stir every 1/2 hour.
- 4( If you can not find Lima Beans in a can - use Frozen).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calico Beans
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.5
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1464.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g