Recipe by BerksCountyCook
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, it is a great twist on baked beans. This tasty, versitile dish that is great for any occasion from summer cookouts to Christmas dinner.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans (drained, can also use kidney beans)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 dash hickory smoke salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the bacon on a cookie sheet and broil in the oven until it is crispy and easy to crumble. Brown the ground beef, add chopped onion and cook together. Drain and set aside. Next, pour the pork and beans, butter beans, and great northern beans together. Add ketchup, dash salt, dry mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and mix. Add your ground beef mixture. Once your bacon is finished, crumble it and add it to the mixture as well. Pour your entire mixture in to a casserole dish and sprinkle with the hickory salt. Cover dish and baked at 350 for 40 minutes. Let stand for about 5 minutes to thicken and enjoy!