Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Although the name would indicate strictly a vegetable dish, this is a full one-pot meal which is especially good on a cool day. I received this recipe from a dear friend many years ago, and it has been popular with everyone.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (or cut up sausage)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (19 -20 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (19 -20 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (19 -20 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (or less according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Brown and thoroughly cook the meats and onion together in a skillet on low temperature using minimal amounts of cooking oil.
- Then, place cooked meat (including juice) and all other ingredients in a crock pot for at least two hours. Stir occasionally to blend tastes.