Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A family favorite, these meaty beans can be found on picnic tables in Wisconsin throughout the summer months. They may show up at potluck suppers, Super Bowl parties, and wedding showers, too. A wonderful, filling side dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans or 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Cut up the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and cook until browned. Drain, and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic. Add the bacon pieces. Cook until onion is softened and translucent; about 10 minutes.
- In a greased 2.5-quart casserole dish, combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve hot.
Loved it !!!