1/1 Photo of Calico Bean Soup Recipe from Mix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If desired, omit ham and substitute beef, chicken, or vegetable stock for the cooking water.
- 2Wash beans thoroughly.
- 3Place in a large kettle, cover with water and soak overnight.
- 4(An alternate method is to bring beans and water to a boil,remove from heat, and cover and let stand for 1 hour.) Next drain beans and add 2 quarts of new water and ham or ham hock (or use broth if omitting ham).
- 5Simmer slowly for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- 6Then add spice packet, onion, tomatoes (undrained), lemon juice and salt to taste (spice packet contains no salt).
- 7Simmer another 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
- 8Take ham from soup.
- 9Remove any bits of ham from bone and return to soup.
- 10If using boneless ham, cut into bite-size pieces and return to soup.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calico Bean Soup Recipe from Mix
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: