Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A good bean soup to use the ham bone after a holiday dinner.
- 2 1⁄2 cups 16 bean mix
- 1 lb ham bone, ham hock or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- salt and pepper
- Wash beans and add enough water to cover.
- Soak 4 hours to overnight; drain.
- All remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 3-4 hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
Just as you said"Easy to prepare" and "a good bean soup". Thanks It was excellent. Tom H.