Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am not a huge bean lover but I love this bean dish.
Make and share this Calico Bean Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 793.78 g can pork and beans, undrained
- 425.24 g can butter beans, drained
- 425.24 g can lima beans, drained
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 1 large yellow onion
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 226.79 g bacon
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- Brown ground beef and turkey with the chopped onion in a pan.
- In a separate pan saute' bacon until done (not crispy).
- Drain the meat and bacon from the grease and place in a casserole dish or crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients and mix together.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F or slow cook in a crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.
- Freeze any leftovers.
Excellent beans: bacon, brown sugar, how can it go wrong!!! The recipe shows 2 different entries of lime beans but we substituted kidney beans for one of the cans. Made for PAC.