Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am not a huge bean lover but I love this bean dish.
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- Brown ground beef and turkey with the chopped onion in a pan.
- In a separate pan saute' bacon until done (not crispy).
- Drain the meat and bacon from the grease and place in a casserole dish or crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients and mix together.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F or slow cook in a crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.
- Freeze any leftovers.
Excellent beans: bacon, brown sugar, how can it go wrong!!! The recipe shows 2 different entries of lime beans but we substituted kidney beans for one of the cans. Made for PAC.