1/1 Photo of Cali Chicken and Pasta
SweetsLady + 3's Note:
My mom came up with this when I was a kid because there wasn't much else to fix. Years later, it's a go-to recipe in my own home. Great for those busy school nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g package whole wheat spaghetti (I love Ronzoni Smart Taste)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 113.39 g white mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2.46 ml dried Italian herb seasoning
- 453.59 g package california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- 236.59 ml Italian dressing, ZESTY
- 59.14 ml fresh parmesan cheese
- reserved pasta water
- 1Break spaghetti in half and cook just to al dente according to package directions. Before draining, reserve about a cup of the cooking water.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with nonstick spray over medium-high heat, saute onion and mushrooms until golden.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with pepper and italian seasoning. Add to skillet and cook just until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add thawed vegetables, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 5Stir in pasta, dressing and cheese. Cook until warmed through.
- 6If mixture becomes dry, gradually add reserved water as needed.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cali Chicken and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 831.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
california-blend frozen vegetables