Recipe by SweetsLady + 3
My mom came up with this when I was a kid because there wasn't much else to fix. Years later, it's a go-to recipe in my own home. Great for those busy school nights.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
As a lover of creamy pastas it's not often that I find one that can feel less heavy, without sacrificing flavor. This one is one of those that can. Super simple to make, and a great blend of flavors.
- 226.79 g package whole wheat spaghetti (I love Ronzoni Smart Taste)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 113.39 g white mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2.46 ml dried Italian herb seasoning
- 453.59 g package california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- 236.59 ml Italian dressing, ZESTY
- 59.14 ml fresh parmesan cheese
- reserved pasta water
Directions See How It's Made
- Break spaghetti in half and cook just to al dente according to package directions. Before draining, reserve about a cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with nonstick spray over medium-high heat, saute onion and mushrooms until golden.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and italian seasoning. Add to skillet and cook just until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add thawed vegetables, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in pasta, dressing and cheese. Cook until warmed through.
- If mixture becomes dry, gradually add reserved water as needed.