1/1 Photo of Cali Chicken and Pasta
SweetsLady + 3's Note:
My mom came up with this when I was a kid because there wasn't much else to fix. Years later, it's a go-to recipe in my own home. Great for those busy school nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole wheat spaghetti (I love Ronzoni Smart Taste)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup Italian dressing, ZESTY
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- reserved pasta water
- 1Break spaghetti in half and cook just to al dente according to package directions. Before draining, reserve about a cup of the cooking water.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with nonstick spray over medium-high heat, saute onion and mushrooms until golden.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with pepper and italian seasoning. Add to skillet and cook just until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add thawed vegetables, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 5Stir in pasta, dressing and cheese. Cook until warmed through.
- 6If mixture becomes dry, gradually add reserved water as needed.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cali Chicken and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 831.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
california-blend frozen vegetables