1/1 Photo of Calhoun's White Chili
1 hr 25 mins
I love eating at Calhoun's when I'm in Tennessee! I was thrilled to find this recipe on their website! The quote that was listed with the recipe was "White Chili is the Signature Soup at Calhoun’s and has been on the menu for almost 20 years."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups great northern beans, from canned
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1Trim all fat and cartilage from the chicken breasts.
- 2Place on a baking pan.
- 3Bake at 325 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- 4Allow to cool, then hand pull into small pieces. Set aside.
- 5Sauté diced onions, oregano and olive oil together in a soup pot. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- 6Combine water, chicken broth, garlic, cumin, cilantro and green chilies.
- 7Add to the sautéed onions.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- 9Add chicken and great northern beans, stir often, simmer for 15 minutes.
- 10Blend corn starch with the cold water and add to chili.
- 11Continue to simmer until chili thickens, then remove from heat.
- 12Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, Monterey Jack cheese, and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calhoun's White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.3 g