Recipe by Manami
This recipe uses a cake mix and is very easy to throw together and can be baked while you are preparing other things in the kitchen. I found this on Laniers Bed and Breakfast web site but have tweaked it a bit. The guests here like it very much.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup toasted ground pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- toasted pecans (chopped or whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x2" baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar & cinnamon; then fold nuts in mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture over batter.
- Carefully spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and extract and drizzle over warm cake.
- Garnish with pecans.
- Brew a pot of strong coffee or serve with a glass of cold milk.